Austin, TX, USLocation:
Tue, Sep 7 ’21Posted on:
Reach Architects is a design firm founded in 2012 in Austin, TX. We are a small, close-knit group with a focus on socially impactful design. We work with a diverse clientele and have a varied portfolio of projects. We are currently looking to hire an person who will be able to handle/run their own residential and small commercial projects from conceptual design through construction documents in a collaborative environment. We design in Rhino & sketching by hand. All drawing production is done in Revit, so proficiency in the software is expected.
We see this person having a minimum of an Architect 1 experience level.
At this time we are not hiring recent graduates with little to no professional experience.
Architect I Position Definition:
Five or more years of experience, licensed architect who exercise independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques, solves problems when encountered, and receives guidance on complex projects. Licensed architect who is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture. Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
- Manage small commercial and residential projects from early project phases through the production of architectural drawing sets & specifications with limited oversight/direction.
- Effectively collaborate/contribute through all phases of design
- Participation in client and consultant coordination meetings at first, with ability to lead meetings within 3 months
- Provide Schematic Design assistance at first, with ability to lead project design within 3 months
- Production of Design Development & Construction Documents
- Participation in Construction Administration
- 5+ years of experience in an architectural office
- Proficient in Revit 2019 or newer, Rhino, Adobe Suite
- Thorough knowledge of design delivery & construction processes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Licensure is a plus, but not requisite. Knowing what you are doing and how a building goes together is required.
- Open office of (currently) four friendly employees
- Studio environment
- Typically a 9am-6pm schedule with some flexibility and occasional overtime, we strive for professional excellence & work/life balance
- We offer competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Alan Knox, AIA via: mailto:[email protected]
No phone calls please.
View your Application History
Back to Job List…